Some travel is required (in a company vehicle) around the Central Texas Region. You will be primarily servicing sites in the Austin Metroplex. You must be able to work in a self-disciplined environment. If you like autonomy this is the ideal job.
- Interact with customers as the front line of the company
- Ethernet cabling installation and termination
- Installation of VoIP hardware including phones and analog gateways
- Installation of paging equipment
- Installation or reconfiguration of network routers, firewalls, and peripherals.
- Providing general product and service training to new customers.
Experience, Education and Qualifications
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Understanding of ISP circuits and modems (Cable, DSL, T1, FIOS, etc.)
- Structured network cabling experience
- Working with analog POTS services on 66 and 110 blocks
- Ability to follow detailed installation documentation and provide written progress reports
- Ability to troubleshoot networked office systems e.g. scanners, printers, DVR’s, etc.
- Must be physically able and comfortable with climbing ladders up to 12ft
- Able to distinguish all colors
- Great communication skills and must be a team player
*Valid driver’s license is required*Familiarity with Mikrotik and Cisco routing/switching equipment a plus*Related certifications a plus: CCNA, N+, A+, BISCI, etc.