The Field Service Technician is a critical member of our installation team. This is a field based, customer facing role that is responsible for installing SpectrumVoIP’s equipment at our customer sites. We are looking for someone that demonstrates excellent customer service and can work in a self-disciplined environment. This individual will be servicing sites in the Austin/San Antonio Metroplex.
SpectrumVoIP is one of the largest Business VoIP phone service companies in the nation. We offer businesses cost saving opportunities on their phone bill, increase their current features, and upgrade their internet – all of which are very attractive to business owners. We offer a fun, casual and energetic working environment with motivated people who care about what they do.
Essential Job Functions
- Interact with customers as the front line of the company
- Ethernet cabling installation and termination
- Installation of VoIP hardware including phones and analog gateways
- Installation of paging equipment
- Installation or reconfiguration of network routers, firewalls, and peripherals.
- Providing general product and service training to new customers.
- Follow safety guidelines for the area and all company policies and procedures
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Understanding of ISP circuits and modems (Cable, DSL, T1, FIOS, etc.)
- Structured network cabling experience
- Working with analog POTS services on 66 and 110 blocks
- Ability to follow detailed installation documentation and provide written progress reports
- Ability to troubleshoot networked office systems e.g. scanners, printers, DVR’s, etc.
- Strong communication skills and must be a team player
- Must be organized, self-sufficient and capable of working with little or no supervision
- Must be able to understand computer networking and network configurations
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical training or degree
- 4+years experience as a field service technician servicing commercial segments
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing is required
- Familiarity with Mikrotik and Cisco routing/switching equipment a plus
- Must be physically able and comfortable with climbing ladders up to 12ft
- Able to distinguish all colors
- Related certifications a plus: CCNA, N+, A+, BISCI, etc.
- The ability to travel, which may include overnight / weekend travel is required. Company vehicle provided.