The primary role of this position will be to assist in our LNP Department with the transitioning (porting) of telephone numbers. The Local Number Portability (LNP) Specialist will assist in managing critical and sometimes time sensitive day to day operational components for the delivery of our telephone services. This includes (but is not limited to): Local Number Portability (LNP), Directory Assistance/Directory Listings (DA/DL), Caller ID, and telephone back office operations. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized individual, have the ability to assess situations quickly, and use the appropriate technology to assist throughout the entire porting process.
SpectrumVoIP is one of the largest Texas based Business VoIP phone service companies. We offer businesses cost saving opportunities on their phone bill, increase their current features, and upgrade their internet – all of which are very attractive to business owners. We offer a fun, casual and energetic working environment with motivated people who care about what they do.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare Local Service Requests (LSR/Port Requests) utilizing multiple carrier applications and carrier interfaces.
- Submit, track, document, and monitor submitted LSR/port orders to our Local Exchange Carriers (LECs/ ILECs), using various internal and external systems.
- Ensure Firm Order Confirmation (FOC) is received within regulated timeframes and assist in resolving order rejects within a timely manner.
- Manage internal system milestones and timelines, carrier issues and assist with order supplements to ensure order completion within established time-sensitive intervals.
- Coordinate all tasks and timelines with the LNP Manager and Project Management team to ensure timely and successful implementations.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, etc. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Solid time management and organizational skills.
- Mature judgment and the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to be a team player and have a comfort level working within a fast-paced team environment.
- Must exhibit professionalism and a positive attitude and enjoy working with clients and various teams internally.
- Bachelor’s degree or degree from an accredited college/university
- 2+ years’ experience in telecommunications or information technology and services preferred
- Must be dependable and able to work a Monday through Friday 8am-5pm work schedule, with some flexibility when needed.
Location: Plano, TX
Category: Full Time
Job Type: Business Operations
Salary: $35,000 – $40,000 annual